- Title: THE BONE CHARMER
- Author: Breeana Shields
- Pub. Date: May 21, 2019
- Publisher: Page Street Kids
- Formats: Hardcover, eBook
- Pages: 400
- Find it:Goodreads, Amazon, Kindle, B&N,iBooks, Kobo, TBD
Synopsis:“I was absolutely swept away by the world of The Bone Charmer.” – Kendare Blake, #1 NYT Bestselling author of Three Dark Crowns
In Saskia’s world, bones are the source of all power. They tell the future, reveal the past, and expose secrets in the present. Each village has a designated seer who performs readings for the townsfolk, and in Midwood, the Bone Charmer is Saskia’s mother.
On the day of her kenning—a special bone reading that determines the apprenticeships of all seventeen-year-olds—Saskia’s worst fears come true. She receives an assignment to train as a Bone Charmer, like her mother, and even worse, a match-making reading that pairs her with Bram—a boy who has suspicious tattoos that hint of violence.
Saskia knows her mother saw multiple paths for her, yet chose one she knew Saskia wouldn’t want. Their argument leads to a fracture in one of the bones. Broken bones are always bad luck, but this particular set of bones have been infused with extra magic, and so the break has devastating consequences—Saskia’s future has split as well. Now she will live her two potential paths simultaneously. Only one future can survive. And Saskia’s life is in danger in both.
I loved the plot! This was such a unique story, and I found myself completely pulled into Saskia’s life. The characters were all so well thought out and developed and I found myself so entwined their world from the moment I opened the book. The writing style was wonderful and I really just couldn’t put it down. It’s a wonderful twist on a coming of age story, and I felt like I was right there with Saskia as she fought for her future! I give it 4.5 stars!
Breeana Shields is an author of fantasy novels for teens including The Bone Charmer, Poison’s Kiss, and Poison’s Cage. She graduated from Brigham Young University with a BA in English.
When she’s not writing, Breeana loves reading, traveling, and playing board games with her extremely competitive family. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, her three children, and two adorable, but spoiled dogs.
Website | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Goodreads
3 winners will receive a signed finished copy of THE BONE CHARMER, US Only.
- Week One:
- 5/21/2019- BookHounds YA– Excerpt
- 5/21/2019- Rhythmicbooktrovert– Review
- 5/22/2019- Smada’s Book Smack– Review
- 5/22/2019- Jheartlovesbooks– Review
- 5/23/2019- The Pages In-Between– Review
- 5/23/2019- Two Chicks on Books– Excerpt
- 5/24/2019- A Dream Within A Dream- Excerpt
- 5/24/2019- Shelf-rated– Review
- Week Two:
- 5/27/2019- Character Madness and Musings–Spotlight
- 5/27/2019- Lifestyle of Me– Review
- 5/28/2019- Some Books & Ramblings– Review
- 5/28/2019- Starlight-Reads– Review
- 5/29/2019- Eli to the nth– Review
- 5/29/2019- Book-Keeping– Review
- 5/30/2019- Jena Brown Writes– Review
- 5/30/2019- The Suburban Lifestyle– Review
- 5/31/2019- AURELIA LEO– Excerpt
- 5/31/2019- Confessions of a YA Reader–Excerpt
- Week Three:
- 6/3/2019- Two Points of Interest– Review
- 6/3/2019- Savings in Seconds– Review